Friday, March 27, 2015

The Cool Effects of Self Striping Yarns

Self striping yarns are so much fun to work with and can be used for a variety of projects beyond socks.  Two great examples of this are these Sugarplum cowls that are knit up in two very different yarns. 

This first one was knitted by KristiRose on Ravelry for the Six More Weeks of Winter KAL.  Kristi knitted it up in Supernatural Yarns Pixie Sock in Haymitch. I love how the center section has more of a pooling look and the top and bottom are striped!  I never would have expected yarn to do this, an it adds a lot of interest to the cowl.

My friend Chrissy Fletcher knitted up in Wollmeise Sockenwolle 80/20 Twin in Klapperstorch. The red, white and black stripes are really striking and it looks wonderful on Chrissy!  If you haven't watched her pod cast yet, it's one you won't want to miss.  I have to admit that I love her accent and before she started doing the video portion, I would listen to her in the mornings while I was having my coffee.  You can find Chrissy on her blog: Stitched-Together and in her Ravelry Group: Stitched-Together.  She always has fun stuff going on in her group, so be sure to check that out as well.























No comments:

Post a Comment