Wednesday, September 12, 2012

caissa

Earlier this year Anne Hanson asked me to do a test knit for a kimono style sweater.  Sight unseen, with only a hint of what it was going to look like, of course I agreed!  After all, Anne's patterns are fantastic and very well written.  Hints of what it would look like would pop up on her blog from time to time.  Little snippets of knitted fabric, hints about the shaping, and photo's of the yarn kept me on pins and needles!  Last month an email from Anne came and it was time to begin. 
 
It took me just a little over a month to complete my caissa and I really enjoyed every minute of the pattern.  It's straight forward, easy to follow and like all of Anne's sweater patterns, fit's perfectly. 
 
We have had a couple of cool nights here and Ive already had a chance to wear it.
 
 
It's the perfect sweater for wearing with jeans and a light shirt in the fall.  And this winter it will layer nicely over a long sleeve shirt.  Ive checked to see that it's light enough to fit under my coat which will make it perfect for car trips. 
 
The pattern should be coming out soon.  Keep an eye on Anne's blog for the details. 
 
If you would like to meet Anne and have a great learning experience, she will be at the Shalimar Yarns Studio on Friday September 21 for the Knitspot Finishing Series.  More information and the link to sign up is here.
 
 




 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Another fine sweater Lara! Your closet must be filled with the most beautiful hand knits. What a treat it must have been to test knit one of Anne Hanson's new patterns - I will look for it because I think I would love it for myself. :) Thanks Lara!

    ReplyDelete