Monday, December 12, 2011

When Giltter and Wine Mix

This weekend Andy and I decided to take a trip to the local farmers market and hit some of the antique/junk shops in downtown Lynchburg.  We came across this unique and dated owl wall hanging.  I was going to pass it by when Andy suggested that with a little paint it would take on a whole new life.

It sounded like a great idea to me.  We brought it home and cleaned it a bit with Dawn.
Sunday a trip to Michaels was in order to pick up some supplies.  We found some great colors of paint in the Martha Stewart collection and did a base coat of Beetle Black to start with:


I then added some highlights in Sterling which is a metallic accent paint.

And then came the glitter.  I may or may not have had a glass or two of wine while waiting for the Sterling to dry.  First I added just a bit.  Then I realized that glitter is fun.  And the more glitter you add the better.  My inner tacky child was coming out.  Here is the result:


It's actually quite pretty in person.  A bit hard to photograph though.  In any case we have a cute decoration for less than $10 total.  Sucha deal!














No comments:

Post a Comment