Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Knitting Bliss

Ive been doing a bit of test knitting lately and really enjoying it.  Here is the latest one: Summer Wind by IrishGirlieKnits.  It's such a great pattern and super easy too.  I literally knitted the enitre scarf in just three days. 

I love that it can be worn in several different ways.  Very versatile and would be a great last minute gift to knit up if you are in a hurry.
When Princess Kate and Prince William got married, I got up early and watched the entire broadcast.  I love anything British and who can resist a Royal Wedding?  I found a cute book:  Knit Your Own Royal Wedding and have knitted up Kate and William.  

Last week my husband, Andy, and I were at TJ Maxx and we stumbled on a mannequin!  Ive wanted one for so long, I couldn't believe it when we saw her!  Ok, I realize now that they sell them online at Amazon and if I had done just a little bit of research I could have easily found one.  But then we wouldn't have had the fun of finding this one.  She's modeling my heavily modified Beach Sand Blouse  .  Necklace and tank top by Banana Republic.



My latest project are the Love at the Opera gloves: 


Im almost done with the first one.  They are going to come to about 3" above my elbow.  No plans to go to the opera any time in the near  future, but thought they would look cute with a sleeveless dress or tank top this fall.  Maybe I will wear them when we go see Rocky Horror this fall at Universal.  I heard the movie theater there serves beer so it should make for even better than normal people watching.  Might have to sneak my camera in.

Don't forget the Shalimar Yarns Stripe Study KAL starts tomorrow.  Kristi is giving some great prizes so be sure to check it out.

Last but not least, sunrise on Mill Creek in Amherst, VA:


3 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness, your Love at the Opera gloves are to die for! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Royal Couple are adorable! I can't believe you whipped them up - you always find fun projects to knit. : ) That sunrise looks perfect for an early morning fishing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those opera gloves are amazing!!! I love the beach sand blouse and the royal couple is so cute @@

    ReplyDelete